How It All Began
- Balham Mosque started with commencement of Friday prayers on Childbert Road in August 1969.
- Five times salaah and Taraweeh prayers began to be offered in congregation in October 1969.
- A committee was appointed in 1971 with Brother L. Syed as first Chairman and Br Ijaz and Br F.V. Mohammed as Joint Secretaries.
- 15 Laitwood Road was purchased in October 1972 at the cost of £19,200.
- The constitution was submitted to Charity Commission in August 1973.
- The Annual General Meeting took place on 10th July 1975. The first Secretary’s report covered the period from 1972 to 1974.
- Accounts were formally audited by M.S. Allfileds for the period 1st July 1974 to 31st March 1976.
All Praises are due to Almighty Allah that it has been 40 years since the first prayers were held on the current Mosque premises in Balham.
The pioneering members of the first committee who have passed away and those who have followed should never be forgotten.